Children’s Christian Education
Christian Education classes take place on Sunday mornings from 9:15-10:15 on the church’s lower level and in the church nursery across from the sanctuary. Lessons and activities have been prepared by a team of dedicated teachers who commit to a year at a time. All teachers have had background checks completed and we strive to have two adults present in each class.
Our curriculum is published by David C. Cook and is entitled Bible-in-Life. This curriculum is cycled on a 2 or 3 year rotation depending on the age of the children. All lessons are Bible based with a life application component.
Presently the children support a child from Mexico from Horizon International with their offerings. Our local missional project is called “The Little Red Wagon” with ongoing collection of non-perishables for the Salvation Army.
Classes meet once a month in the fellowship area for a time of celebrating birthdays, reciting memory work, singing, sharing projects centered on our theme verse, reading letters from our sponsored child, introducing books and movies from the Children’s Library as well as grab-bag drawings.
We look forward to sharing God’s Word with children of all ages!
The Children’s Library is located in the middle of the lower level. It is open from 10:15-10:30 each Sunday. This library contains books and movies for children and youth, as well as resources on Christian parenting. Materials are checked out for a week at a time. We encourage all families to use this wonderful resource.
We have two children’s activities that meet on Sunday evenings. There are two- 10 week sessions, the first starts in September and ends before Thanksgiving. The second session starts in January and finishes before spring break.
The J.A.M. (Jesus and Me) choir is for age 3 through kindergarten and meets Sundays from 4:30-5:30PM. The objectives include the following:
- The singers will learn some of the common Sunday School songs that their parents learned.
- The singers will feel comfortable coming to church and leaving parents for a short time.
- The singers will learn Bible-based songs that they can relate to and sing at home.
- The singers will become acquainted with each other and form friendships with other children at church.
- The singers will have fun with singing, playing rhythm instruments and sharing in worship.
Club 234 is for children grades 2 through 4 and meets Sundays from 5:30-7PM. The objectives for this group include the following:
- Children will learn about God’s amazing animals using “The Big Book of Animal Devotions” by William L. Coleman
- Children will become acquainted with each other and form friendships with other children at church.
- The children will learn Bible-based songs that they can relate to and apply to their lives. Songs are chosen that are rhythmically appealing.
- Children will learn about God, their friends and each other through games, crafts and other fun activities.
- Have fun together!
Children’s bulletins are provided for our children every Sunday. The activities in their bulletins match the scripture that is being shared in worship that day. Crayons are available to use during the services for the completion of these bulletins. If they wish to bring them to the Children’s Library upon completion, they receive a small treat. If the Library is closed, make sure the child’s name is on it and they can claim their treat the following Sunday.
During the worship service, we invite children 4 years old through fourth grade to remain in our worship service until just before the sermon when they are invited to go to Children’s Church, which meets in the fellowship area on the lower level. The children explore the Scripture reading utilizing a variety of activities, including stories, crafts, games and of course snacks. Parents pick up their children immediately following the worship service. On Sundays when communion is being observed, the children are returned to the sanctuary in time to receive communion together as a family.
Children’s Church is directed by the Children’s Ministry Team.